Wednesday, March 9, 2016

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #13

       This week on "What I'm Reading" Wednesday I'm reading a great new book that came out just this week...


The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins
Blurb:
"Aerity..." Her father paused as if the words he was forming pained him. "I must ask you to sacrifice the promise of love for the sake of our kingdom."

She could only stare back, frozen.

When a strange beast terrorizes the kingdom of Lochlanach, fear stirs revolt. In an act of desperation, a proclamation is sent to all of Eurona- kill the creature and win the ultimate prize: the daughter of King Lochson's hand in marriage.

Princess Aerity knows her duty to her kingdom but cannot bear the idea of marrying a stranger... until a brooding local hunter, Paxton Seabolt, catches her attention. There's no denying the unspoken allure between them... or his mysterious resentment. 

Paxton is not the marrying type. Nor does he care much for spoiled royals and their arcane laws. He is determined to keep his focus on the task at hand - ridding the kingdom of the beast - but the princess continues to surprise him, and the perilous secrets he's buried begin to surface. 

Why I Chose This Book / What I Think of it so far:
I've been a fan of Wendy Higgins since reading the Sweet books and her independently published book, See Me, so when I heard about this book I knew I had to read it. Even if I hadn't read books by this author before, the synopsis definitely grabbed me. Technically this book only came out yesterday (March 8th) but I had purchased a copy through the Apollycon Virtual Book Signing/Sale several months back and received my copy on Saturday. I began reading this book on Monday and it hooked me instantly. I love the storyline so far and I just passed the part where Aerity and Paxton meet for the first time and OMG can you say amazing chemistry?!?!? I love all of the major characters so far and I can't wait to see where the story goes. Will Paxton kill the beast and win not only Princess Aerity's hand in marriage - but her heart as well? I hope so! This book is a duology so I know there is a second book to come and I'm excited for that as well. 
I'm just over a hundred pages into The Great Hunt but I can already reveal my early rating:
5 of 5 Stars!

I received all of the books I purchased from the Apollycon event on Saturday and since I finished Remembrance by Meg Cabot (see "What I'm Reading Wednesday #12" for more info) over the weekend I didn't get a chance to squeeze in any other books before starting The Great Hunt. As you can see I'll be very busy reading over the next few weeks/months!
My New Books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR