Wednesday, March 23, 2016

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #15

          This "WIR"-Wednesday I'm diving back into a world filled with Aliens called "Luxens" and "Arem", Luxen-Human Hybrids, and an Evil DOD (Department of Defense) group in...

Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Blurb:
No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn't fooling around. Doubting him isn't something I'll do again, and now that we've made it through the rough patches, well... There's a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can't protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I'm no longer the same Katy. I'm different... And I'm not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I'm capable. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won't turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we're stronger... and they know it.

Why I Chose This Book / What I Think So Far:
I loved the first two books in the series (Obsidian and Onyx) and after a short break, I am so happy to dive back into this story and these characters. I wasn't sure what I was expecting when Dawson came back. I didn't know how he would act, he's tormented but I like him so far. Daemon and Katy's relationship seems strained a little since the events in Onyx and Dawson's return and I hope the story will allow them to explore their relationship more despite all the problems they face. It tears me up that Dee is pulling away from Katy in this book. I hope their friendship can be mended. After all, what happened to Adam isn't Katy's fault. I like this book so far and I hope I devour it quickly. 

I struggled to get into another book since last week...

Thicker than Water by Brigid Kemmerer
Blurb:
Thomas Bellweather hasn’t been in town long. Just long enough for his newlywed mother to be murdered, and for his new stepdad’s cop colleagues to decide Thomas is the primary suspect.

Not that there’s any evidence. But before Thomas got to Garretts Mill there had just been one other murder in twenty years. 

The only person who believes him is Charlotte Rooker, little sister to three cops and, with her soft hands and sweet curves, straight-up dangerous to Thomas. Her friend was the other murder vic. And she’d like a couple answers….Answers that could get them both killed, and reveal a truth Thomas would die to keep hidden.
  
Answers that could get them both killed, and reveal a truth Thomas would die to keep hidden…

What I Thought of This Book:
This is the first book in a looooong time that I just couldn't finish. I feel terrible, and I really did try to keep at it but this book just didn't appeal to me. I won't go into specifics and I'm not interested in book bashing, I'll just say this book wasn't what I was expecting. I was expecting a mystery / thriller type novel and instead I found characters like Charlotte and her cop brothers that I didn't much care for and a paranormal element that seemed to appear from nowhere. I'm sure other people will read this book and fall in love with it... I just don't happen to be one of them. 
Because I couldn't finish this book I won't be rating it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR