Wednesday, April 20, 2016

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #19

                 This "WIR"-Wednesday I'm rereading one of my favourite Jay Crownover books... 


Nash by Jay Crownover
Blurb
Saint Ford has worked hard to achieve her childhood dream of becoming of nurse. Focused on her work and devoted to her patients, there’s no room for love. She doesn’t need a guy making waves in her calm, serene life—especially when he’s the unforgettable hottie who nearly destroyed her in high school. Dark, brooding Nash Donovan might not remember her or the terrible pain he caused. But he turned her world upside down . . . and now he’s trying to do it again.


Saint has no idea that Nash isn’t the cocky player he once was. Uncovering a devastating family secret has rocked his world, and now he’s struggling to figure out his future. He can’t be distracted by the pretty nurse he seems to meet everywhere. Still, he can’t ignore the sparks that fly between them—or how she seems so desperate to get away from him. But the funny, sweet, and drop-dead gorgeous Saint is far too amazing to give up on—especially since she’s the only thing in his life that seems to make sense.

When Nash discovers the truth about their past, he realizes he may have lost her heart before he could even fight for it. Now, Saint has to decide: is Nash worth risking herself for all over again?

Why I Chose This Book / What I Think Of This Book:
I love this book. This was the first book I read by Jay Crownover and I fell instantly in love. Nash and Saint's story is so relatable on so many levels. I love all the Marked Men by Nash will forever be my favourite. 

A read another amazing book since last week...

Grace (The Revelations Series #1) by Leanne Rathbone


Blurb:
Good and Evil...two absolutes that every person is taught about from a young age but what if the lines between the two suddenly blurred, what if everything you believed you knew changed in the blink of an eye?
These are the dilemmas that 17-year-old Grace Ayre suddenly finds herself facing. One fateful night a brutal attack leaves her best friend dead and her life changes in an instant. She's moved away from the life she had always known and thrown into the life of a loner in a remote village in the north of England.
An unnerving trip through a darkened cemetery sparks a series of events that make Grace question everything she knows about the world and more importantly, everything she knows about herself.
With her life in imminent danger will she discover enough about herself to change her future and will the elusive and mysterious Nate help or hinder her process?
Grace is a story of love, loss, friendship and discovering how one's fate can shape existence and how the lust for power can destroy it all.

What I Thought of This Book / My Rating:
I met Leanne through a Facebook author/book promo group and I was interested in reading her debut novel ever since I read the blurb. I was lucky enough to win a free eBook copy when she did an author takeover on an event last week. 
My review:
This book was amazing. It's hard to believe it's the author's first published novel because it is beautifully written. You instantly like Grace and Mia made for a perfect friend for her. Dan brings the phrase "looks can be deceiving" to mind and Nate - Nate was perfect in every way. The story line keeps your attention and you want to know the real reason Grace and her mom left London. Then you're dying to know what the secret is that Nate is keeping from Grace.
This book vaguely reminded me of Lauren Kate's Fallen series and Wendy Higgins's Sweet Series. I can't wait to see what's to come in book two. This book was a very promising start!
My Rating: 5 of 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR