Wednesday, May 11, 2016

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #22

            This "WIR"-Wednesday I'm rejoining Naomi, Puck, and Kai in the Thorn Chronicles...

Destroyed (The Thorn Chronicles #2) by Kimberly Loth
Blurb:
In an ideal world, Naomi would still be living in Vegas with Ginny and Alejandro, kissing Puck whenever possible, and becoming a Guardian. But Naomi’s never lived in an ideal world. Instead, she’s stuck back in Arkansas with Father, Kai, and the Destroyers. Plus, her mother's power lives on inside of Naomi and she has no idea how to get rid of it. As Naomi struggles to understand the destructive power and help Kai with his role as the Master Destroyer, a new threat arises. Destroyers are killing Guardians and now all of Naomi’s friends are at risk. Everyone thinks that Kai is the only one who can stop it. But Naomi knows better—she alone can end it all. But how?

Why I Chose This Book/ What I Think So Far:
I loved Kissed (Thorn Chronicles #1) and I was really excited to read Destroyed. There's been a few months (and a lot of books) in between but I eagerly dived in. I'm nearly 50 pages in and for some reason it is not grabbing me as well as the first one did. I still like Naomi but I'm kind of wondering why Puck sent her to help Kai. At the beginning of Kissed I liked Kai, but now I kind of find him annoying. Naomi belongs in Vegas with Puck and her friends and family. Her being back in Arkansas with her dad and Kai is kind of a depressing thought. I guess I'll have to keep reading and see what happens. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR