Monday, July 11, 2016

In the Mail Monday

                 There's not much I love getting in the mail more than books. Today's "In the Mail Monday" brought me....

The Night Sister by Jennifer McMahon
Blurb: 
The Tower Motel was once a thriving of rural Vermont. Today it lies in disrepair, alive only in the memory of the three women - Amy, Piper, and Piper's kid sister, Margot - who played there as children. They loved exploring the abandoned rooms...until the day their innocent games uncovered something dark and twisted that ruined their friendship forever.

Now Amy stands accused of commuting a horrific crime, and the only hint as to her motives is a hasty message that forces Piper and Margot to revisit the hotel's past and the fate of two sisters who lived there in its heyday. Sylvie Slater had dreams of running off to Hollywood and becoming Alfred Hitchcock's leading lady, while her little sister, Rose, was content with their simple life. Each believed the other to be something truly monstrous, but only one knows the secret that will haunt the generations to come.

Why I Was Drawn To This Book:
I spotted this book one day at Barnes and Noble and the blurb intrigued me. At the time The Night Sister was in hardcover so I decided to wait until it came out in paperback. That was before I read The Winter People, also by Jennifer McMahon, and fell in love with the author's storytelling abilities. I also read love Alfred Hitchcock and I can already picture Sylvie Slater to look like Grace Kelly or Janet Leigh or another of Hitchcock's fair-haired leading ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR