Wednesday, August 24, 2016

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #37

            This "WIR"-Wednesday I'm back in the world of Dehaians, Landwalkers, and Greliaran in Skye Malone's Awakened Fate Series...


Return (Awakened Fate Series #3) by Skye Malone
Blurb:
For Chloe, the ocean was supposed to mean safety and for a time, it almost did. She overcame the Sylphaen's drugs. She discovered an unforeseen attraction to Zeke, one that he shares for her. A life underwater seemed possible, until she learned that nothing was as it appeared.

After an unspeakable betrayal shattered everything she thought she knew about Zeke's world, she and Zeke have fled the ocean for the one place Chloe never expected to want to go.

Home.

But the challenge of living as a mermaid over a thousand miles from the ocean isn't the only problem facing her. Home has changed. Enemies are waiting, ones she never saw coming. Her little Kansas town is full of surprises.

Including Noah, the guy she left behind.

What I Think of This Book so far:
I love this series and each book in the series brings another set of complications to Chloe's new normal so the storyline doesn't get stale. Yes, the Sylphaen are still after Chloe... but they're not the only enemy she faces. She's quickly learning that sometimes home sweet home isn't so sweet after all... 
I love the romance blooming between Zeke and Chloe, but what will happen once Noah is back in the picture? And will anyone ever tell Baylie what's going on?? I guess I'll have to keep reading ;)

While I was waiting for the last three books in the Awakened Fate Series to arrive in the mail I spent my time reading a completely different type of book...

Claiming Addison (69 Bottles #1) by Zoey Derrick
Blurb:
For Addison Beltrand, PR rep for Bold International, Inc. climbing the corporate ladder is all that matters in life. Her hard work is finally rewarded with the promotion she’s worked her ass off to earn—but the gig comes at a price. She leaves in two days for a twelve-week tour with America’s hottest alternative rock band, 69 Bottles.

Talon Carver, lead singer of 69 Bottles, has no problem with women--as long as they’re gone by morning. When Addison shakes up his world, it’s a huge problem—compounded by the fact that Addison’s not the only one he wants.

Kyle Black, manager of 69 Bottles, has a secret. He and Addison are closer than she thinks, but telling her could keep her away. When Talon sets his sights on Addison, Kyle uses his secret to push her into Talon’s arms, only to discover she isn’t the only one he needs.

Two men. One dilemma. 

Talon is wild, reckless and loves control.

Kyle is calm, collected and loves passion.

The perfect balance…or Addison’s ultimate undoing? 

Talon and Kyle push their boundaries and Addison’s, but can they throw their reservations to the wind and claim her together?

Two men. One woman. A rock band. A tour bus. One Wild Ride…

My Review: 
Twenty-nine-year-old Addison Beltrand has thrown herself into her work as a PR rep to musicians, pushing away everything else - including her friends - ever since the death of her fiance seven years ago.

Now just before she's set to take a weekend off to spend with the girls her boss promotes her to a special case she believes she will excel at. The catch? They need her on the bus for the start of a twelve-week tour the day before Addison's set vacation.

Addison agrees and within days she's on a bus with the band she and her friends were going to see. Meeting the band, 69 Bottles, she meets the flirty, cocky Dex, the colorful Peacock, and the high-pitched voiced Mouse but it's the lead singer, Talon, and the band manager Kyle, that awaken something inside Addison she's set aside for too long.

Addison wants them both, and they want her - and each other. But Kyle has a secret tie to Addison's past and Talon has never been with the same woman twice. But their sexual chemistry is scorching. It's going to be a wild twelve weeks on the road!

I am surprised by how much I loved this book. I didn't think I would like it because it's definitely not the type of book I usually read but this book grabbed me by the second chapter and I couldn't get enough. The characters are charismatic and you love getting to know them and watching their unusual relationship develop. The sex is hot even though the conversation between Talon and Kyle a couple times made me want to laugh.

There were only a couple things that prevented me from giving this book a 5: throughout the book there were a few typos like the word should be "me" and the author had "be" or "his" came out as "is" - just simple things the proofreader should have caught. I loved the storyline but I question how the relationship between Addison, Talon, and Kyle could work out long term. I mean eventually someone is going to get jealous or the relationship between three will become a relationship of two, right? They can't just be together forever as three, can they? That's not realistic. The only other thing I didn't like was the cover. The female model looks like a cartoon laid against the two guys - but that's minor and not story related.

Overall, this is a sexy rock star read and I loved it! I'm eager to see what's going to happen in book two!

***Disclaimer: this book is not at all intended for readers under 18, due to strong sexual content. If you are under 18 do not purchase this book!***

My rating: 4.5 of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR