Wednesday, September 14, 2016

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #40

This "WIR"-Wednesday I'm returning to the Selection series with...

The Elite (The Selection Series #2) by Kiera Cass
Blurb:
The Selection began with thirty-five girls.

Now with the group narrowed down to the six Elite, the competition to win Prince Maxon's heart is fiercer than ever - and America is still struggling to decide where her heart truly lies. Is it with Maxon, who could make her life a fairy tale? Or with her first love, Aspen?

America is desperate for more time. But the rest of the Elite know exactly what they want - and America's chance to choose is about to slip away.

Why I Chose This Book / What I Think So Far:
I really loved the first book in the series and I'm eager to see how America and Maxon's relationship continues now that Aspen is a guard at the palace and there's been two separate attacks on the palace by the rebels. Will America let herself fall for Maxon? Or will she keep him at arm's length?

So far this book is pulling me back into the series after a couple week's break. Thankfully the Elite picks up right where the Selection left off, so starting this book felt like catching up with an old, familiar friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR