Friday, February 17, 2017

My Top Ten Favorite YA Couples

I love YA novels and I've shipped many characters over the years; from the sweet first loves to the steamy, intense bonds of Upper YA relationships. At times I've seen potential between a couple that never happened - but I'm sure everyone has loved a 'ship' that never sailed - and celebrated when a couple that's been dancing around each other for an entire series finally gets together in time for the final book. And then there are the unexpected romances you didn't see coming. I've felt their triumphs and ridden the rollercoaster of betrayal and forgiveness right along with them and I love them all. 

Here are ten of my favorite YA Couples of all time...

1. Feyre & Rhysand from A Court of Mist & Fury by Sarah J. Maas

I fell for Rhysand in ACOTAR even though I was supposed to be excited for Feyre being with Tamlin but when they got together in ACOMAF... AHHH!... Just perfect! 

2. Reed Royal and Ella Harper from The Royals Series by Erin Watt

I was rooting for this relationship from their "I hate you" phase to the "I think I love you phase" to the "you broke me" phase and onward. This relationship faced a ton of obstacles but it was worth it in the end! 

3. Katy and Daemon from the Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Katy and Daemon's relationship was another hate you/love you relationship with an added complication... Daemon was an alien and Katy was a human, until she wasn't anymore. ;)

4.  Amy Goodnight and Ben McCulloch from Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore

Texas Gothic is a favorite of mine and again another I-loathe-you-but-I-kind-of-find-you-irresistible type of relationship between Ben and Amy. That seems to be a bit of a theme in the books I read. 

5.  Varen Nethers and Isobel from the Nevermore Trilogy by Kelly Creagh
Ahh... when the popular cheerleader falls for the goth guy who has a ton of problems. I think I like this relationship mainly for Varen (who I so love!) and because no matter hard Varen tries to push Isobel away she never stops fighting for him. I can definitely relate to that. 

6. Caspian and Abbey from the Hollow Trilogy by Jessica Verday

I loved these two as individual characters but together they were amazing. The revelations in this series (Caspian's secret then Abbey having to go away) were absolutely heart-wrenching and I was dying to find out how everything would turn out in book three. 

7. Rune Germaine and Etalon "Thorn" from RoseBlood by A.G. Howard

So, guy with horrible childhood is supposed to destroy the girl to please his "adoptive" father but ends up falling in love with her instead? Um, yes, please! 

8. Gavin and Delilah from The House by Christina Lauren

Another book where the girl has to save the guy she loves. Everything about this book and the characters falling in love is perfect. 

9. Chloe and Zeke from the Awakened Fate Series by Skye Malone

I love this series and saw the potential for Zeke and Chloe from book one. This was one of those series where you have to wait to see who the girl will choose until the end (although the series is still going on, just with a different main character) but it was so worth it! 

10. Shane Collins and Claire Danvers from the Morganville Vampire Series by Rachel Caine
Have you ever read a book where two characters just fit so perfectly? I've always thought that was Shane and Claire. I loved watching their relationship take flight throughout the series in the midst of all the other drama going on in Morganville. 

***
Who are some of your favorite YA Couples?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR