Wednesday, February 1, 2017

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #60

Aha! Finally a "WIR"-Wednesday where I'm actually into a book instead of just starting one. January is in the books and it's officially February... probably one of my least favorite months of the year. There are a bunch of books I plan on reading this month but this "WIR"-Wednesday I'm reading...

The Night Sister by Jennifer McMahon
Blurb:
The Tower Motel was once a thriving attraction of rural Vermont. Today it lies in disrepair, alive only in the memories of the three women—Amy, Piper, and Piper’s kid sister, Margot—who played there as children. They loved exploring the abandoned rooms … until the day their innocent games uncovered something dark and twisted that ruined their friendship forever. 

Now, Amy stands accused of committing a horrific crime, and the only hint to her motives is a hasty message that forces Piper and Margot to revisit the motel’s past, and the fate of two sisters who lived there in its heyday.  Sylvie Slater had dreams of running off to Hollywood and becoming Alfred Hitchcock’s leading lady, while her little sister, Rose, was content with their simple life. Each believed the other to be something truly monstrous, but only one knows the secret that will haunt the generations to come.

Why I Chose This Book | What I Think So Far:
My grandmother bought this book ages ago after we both read and loved The Winter People by the same author. At the time I didn't have enough time to read it so she read it first and told me it gave her nightmares and the creeps but I like creepy things. I love this author's writing style and I had actually seen this book at Barnes and Noble before I ever read The Winter People, so this book has been on my TBR list for a whillllle.

 I started reading this book and it immediately put me under its' spell. Why did Amy kill her husband and her son before turning the gun on herself? What happened that one summer and what did Amy, Piper, and Margot discover? What happened to Sylvie? And what is the mystery of a 29th room in a 28 room motel? I can't wait to unravel the mystery. 

End of January / Beginning of February Check In:

Books Read in January: 10
2017 Reading Challenge Status: 10/30 Books Read

February TBR List:
The Night Sister by Jennifer McMahon
After the Fall by Kate Hart
Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
Never Die Alone by Lisa Jackson
Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR