Sunday, April 9, 2017

Alt Cover Love

You know the old saying, "don't judge a book by its' cover"? Sometimes when it comes to covers and alternate/foreign covers, you can't help but like some better than others. What do I mean by alternate covers? Well, sometimes when a book comes out in paperback, that was originally in hardcover, a publisher might give it a completely new cover. Other times a publisher may have a different cover for a US edition of a book versus a UK edition or a German edition; etc. If you're a die-hard book collector you might have multiple editions of the same book just so you can admire all the pretty covers. 

Here are a few books and their alternate covers. You be the judge, tell me in the comments which cover you like best. 

Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
UK Cover
US Cover







The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller
Hardcover Edition
Paperback Edition














Freeks by Amanda Hocking
UK Cover
US Cover







The Thousandth Floor by Katherine McGee
UK Cover
US Cover







These are all pretty much a draw for me. If I had my way I'd collect copies of each version - which I have with Empire of Storms. But here's a book that's hardcover edition I love and paperback cover I just can't get behind...

Nemesis by Anna Banks
Hardcover Edition -
 LOVE IT!
Paperback Edition -
No, just... NO!








So what do you think? Which editions get your pick? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR