Wednesday, April 5, 2017

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #69

Oooh, the 69th week of my "WIR"-Wednesday posts! That makes me think of Zoey Derrick's 69 Bottles series, but alas - that's not what I'm reading this week. This is partially a "What I'm *Still* Reading" Wednesday and a "What I Will Be Reading" Wednesday because I fully intend to finish reading the book I'm currently on by tomorrow morning at the latest and start with the next book on my list by tomorrow night...

Roar (Stormling #1) by Cora Carmack
Blurb:
In a land ruled and shaped by violent magical storms, power lies with those who control them.

Aurora Pavan comes from one of the oldest Stormling families in existence. Long ago, the ungifted pledged fealty and service to her family in exchange for safe haven, and a kingdom was carved out from the wildlands and sustained by magic capable of repelling the world’s deadliest foes. As the sole heir of Pavan, Aurora's been groomed to be the perfect queen. She’s intelligent and brave and honorable. But she’s yet to show any trace of the magic she’ll need to protect her people.

To keep her secret and save her crown, Aurora’s mother arranges for her to marry a dark and brooding Stormling prince from another kingdom. At first, the prince seems like the perfect solution to all her problems. He’ll guarantee her spot as the next queen and be the champion her people need to remain safe. But the more secrets Aurora uncovers about him, the more a future with him frightens her. When she dons a disguise and sneaks out of the palace one night to spy on him, she stumbles upon a black market dealing in the very thing she lacks—storm magic. And the people selling it? They’re not Stormlings. They’re storm hunters.

Legend says that her ancestors first gained their magic by facing a storm and stealing part of its essence. And when a handsome young storm hunter reveals he was born without magic, but possesses it now, Aurora realizes there’s a third option for her future besides ruin or marriage. 
She might not have magic now, but she can steal it if she’s brave enough.

Challenge a tempest. Survive it. And you become its master.

Current Progress:
Page 205 of 378 (54%)


Here's What I Will Be Reading Next...

The Great Pursuit by Wendy Higgins
Blurb:
One hunt has ended, but the pursuit for love and justice continues.

The kingdom of Lochlanach has traded the great beast that once terrorized the realm of Eurona for something far more dangerous: the ire of powerful Lashed woman Rosaria Rocato. Rosaria demands that Eurona overturn the laws prohibiting magic, or an innocent will be killed each day.

Despite the king’s resistance, Princess Aerity believes they must make peace with the Lashed, and though she’s accepted a betrothal to the man who took down the beast, she cannot help thinking about Paxton, the Lashed man who stole her heart and disappeared.

Aerity soon discovers that Paxton has joined Rosaria’s army in the war against her family. Though her feelings for him are still strong, her duty to her kingdom and her family is stronger—especially when her parents are kidnapped and she has to step up to the throne and once again put aside what’s best for her in order to do what’s best for her people. Paxton and Princess Aerity must fight to see what is more powerful: their love or the impending war between the magical Lashed and the non-magic humans.

Why I Chose This Book To Read Next | What I'm Hoping Will Happen:
I've been waiting to read this book for so long and it's at the top of my TBR list now that I've received my ApollyCon Virtual Signing Order. I've been puzzling and puzzling over what would happen in this book since I finished The Great Hunt and this is what I hope will happen:
1) Paxton and Aerity will end up together
2) The lashed will find equality with the non-lashed
3) Aerity's cousin and her current betrothed will end up together... maybe?
4) Paxton's brother will end up with someone... maybe? 

Will any of my hopes come true? I'll let you know after I read The Great Pursuit... or will I? *cue evil cackling*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR