Saturday, June 10, 2017

A-Z Book Tag


I found this book tag on Lauryn April's Blog and it was originally created by The Perpetual Page Turner. I love doing bookish tags on #bookstagram so I thought I'd do one here on my blog. 

Author you've read the most books from:
Abbi Glines. I love my YA fantasy novels, but when I need a break and want to grab something contemporary I pick up Abbi Glines's latest or reread one of my favourites!

Best sequel ever:
A Court of Mist And Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas! Best second book in a series EVER!

Currently reading: 
Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller

Drink of choice while reading: 
Some sort of coffee drink (Frappuccinos, Cappuccinos, etc.) or iced tea.

E-Reader or Physical Books:
Physical Books. E-Books are convenient because I can just grab my Kindle, but the screen is torture for my eyes after a while.

Fictional character you probably would have dated in high school:
Probably someone like Varen Nethers from Kelly Creagh's Nevermore Trilogy. I've always loved the tortured souls!

Glad you gave this book a chance:
The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee! Sci-fi isn't my usual thing, but the way it reads isn't at all like what I imagine a sci-fi novel is like and I'm completely addicted to the series!

Hidden gem book:
Awaken by Skye Malone. Her writing is just amazing!

Just finished:
The Dazzling Heights by Katharine McGee

Kind of books you won't read:
Books with LGBT main characters (I'll read some books, like Zoey Derrick's first 3 69 Bottles Series books where there are bisexual characters, but only if it's mostly guy-and-girl; it's nothing personal, just not something I enjoy reading). Also most Sci-Fi and Dystopian.

Longest book you've read:
Probably that one Harry Potter book that was over 800 pages.

Major book hangover because of:
I don't get major book hangovers... I can always start a new book within in a day even if an amazing book is still on my mind. Lately I can't stop obsessing over The Dazzling Heights by Katharine McGee... so good!

Number of bookcases you own:
3 main bookcases plus a giant shelf, 3 DVD shelf-things full, and a plastic three-door cabinet full (just in my room)

One book you've read multiple times: 
Strange Bedpersons by Jennifer Crusie, an oldie but a goodie!

Preferred place to read:
In bed or in my chair in the living room.

Quote that inspires you/Gives you all the feels because of a book you've read:
"To the stars who listen and the dreams that are answered." - Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Mist and Fury.

Reading regret:
Not getting around to reading the Game of Thrones books yet. They're just so long and I have so many books to read right now.

Series you started and need to finish:
The Mayhem Series by Jamie Shaw. I read the first book last year and got books 2 & 3 from the Apollycon Virtual Signing this year so they're on my shelf, just not read yet. And I need book 4!

Three of your all-time favorite books:
The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins, A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas, and Pants on Fire by Meg Cabot

Unapologetic fangirl for:
The ACOTAR series, although ACOWAR didn't live up to my expectations. 

Very excited for this release:
Shadowsong by S. Jae-Jones and Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalo

Worst bookish habit:
Starting a book, not really liking it, but telling myself I have to finish it before I can move on to something else. Book masochism!

X-Marks the spot. Start at the top of your bookshelf and pick the 27th book:
Persuasion by Jane Austen

Your latest book purchase:
The Shadow City by L.C. Hibbit - It's free through this weekend I believe, so I decided to pick up the whole trilogy.

ZZz, last book that kept you up way too late:
Trust by Kylie Scott


Want to take the A-Z Bookish Survey? Consider yourself tagged!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR