Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Book Review: Just An Illusion: EP by D. Kelly

Just An Illusion: EP (The Illusion #3) by D. Kelly
Blurb:
Lives are turned upside down …

Everything was perfect before life came to a screeching halt. 

When devastating loss flips Amelia’s world on its axis, she loses her spirit. Mel isn’t the only one hurting, though; the members of BAD are also struggling to find their way after that tragic night. 

Life goes on …

Amelia’s friends move heaven and earth to help ease her sadness. Knowing she’s on a dangerous precipice, they fight through their own pain to bring her safely to the other side of her grief. 

Love can conquer …

Amelia knows bottling up her feelings isn’t helping anything. With love at her fingertips, all she has to do is reach for it. Mel’s loved ones desperately hope she can once again find her way to happiness. 

Can Amelia overcome her fears to let love in again, or will she let the weight of that night continue to drown her in sorrow?

My Review:
After the devastating cliff-hanger ending of Just An Illusion: the B-Side, I was eager to read Just An Illusion EP. I didn't realize at the time the emotional upheaval I was in for. I went into reading this book hoping that finally, finally, the obstacle standing in the way of my 'ship sailing would be killed off (if you've read my reviews of book one and two you know what I'm talking about). And even if I got my way, which I will neither confirm nor deny, I had no idea that this book would hit me the way it did.

If I could describe Just An Illusion: EP in two words, those words would be "heart-wrenching." The writing is great, it gets right in there and screws with your heartstrings. I think I sobbed from the second page onward.  While reading this book I literally ugly-cried for hours, and I'm a girl who hates to cry, who can actually force myself not to cry at times. At one point I ran out of tissues and had to wipe my nose with a dirty sock.

I'm glad that everything worked out the way I hoped in the end and I loved reading this series from start to finish (although I hear there will be a fourth book in Sawyer's perspective!) - it truly was an amazing journey. 

Overall, if you've been following this series from the beginning you'll love the conclusion of Amelia's story, but be prepared - surround yourself with plenty of tissues and maybe some chocolate. Yes, chocolate would be very good right about now...

My Rating:
5 of 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR