Saturday, July 1, 2017

#BookTag Saturday: The First Date Book Tag

It's #BookTag Saturday Again! This week I'm tackling the "First Date Book Tag. I found it on: Coffee Break YA/NA and the Original Book Tag is from Katesbookdate.


1. The awkward first date – a book where something felt off. It wasn’t a bad book, but lacked that spark for you.

Nemesis by Anna Banks. I liked it well enough, but a lot of it was about running the government in the kingdom which was boring.

2. The cheap first date – book that turned out less than you expected

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas. I was expecting so much and it just didn't live up to my expectations. 

3. Well-prepared first date – better than expected

The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee. Not my usual genre but now one of my favorite series and authors!

4. Hot but dumb – pretty book, not so hot on the inside

Menagerie by Rachel Vincent. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance, but at the time I didn't like it.

5. Blind date – book you picked up not knowing anything about it

Breathe by Abbi Glines. It was my first Abbi Glines book.

6. Speed dating – book you read super fast

Beautiful Creatures: The Manga because it was mostly pictures.

7. The rebound – a book you read too soon after a book hangover and it kind of ruined the book for you

The Shining by Stephen King. It was just so boring. :'(

8. Overly enthusiastic date – a book that felt like it was trying too hard

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas (see #2)

9. The perfect first date – book that did everything right for you

Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco. Fantastic world-building, great story, strong female lead, appealing love interest, complementing secondary characters.

10. Humiliating first date – book you’re embarrassed to admit you liked/ embarrassed to see reading in public for whatever reason

Claiming Addison by Zoey Derrick just because of the overall content. Loved the story, but ashamed to admit I sometimes read *that kind of books*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR