Now that Through the Fog and Eternal Fire have launched I can begin thinking ahead to my YA High Fantasy / Fairytale Retelling, CURSEBREAKER, which will be releasing in January 2018! CURSEBREAKER is a historical fantasy retelling of the Norwegian fairytale East O' The Sun and West O' The Moon set in Viking-era Scandinavia.
I've already done a few things toward the publishing process but I've never really detailed my publishing and marketing process... UNTIL NOW!
- Create my marketing plan:
- Target audience is fans of Young Adult High Fantasy and Fairytale Retelling, especially fans of Sarah J. Maas, Erin Summerill, and Hunted by Meagan Spooner
- Decide which media channels I will promote CurseBreaker on
- Brainstorm a possible promo or preorder giveaway
- Find beta readers and send copies out
- Submit CurseBreaker to Netgalley
- Cover Reveal
- Add CurseBreaker to Goodreads, potentially do an ARC giveaway
- Brainstorm launch event - on Facebook?
-Reach out to bloggers for ARC reviews and blog tour
- Decide whether I want to do any local book signings
-Submit for pre-order in ebook format.
- Select and post a teaser of CurseBreaker on my website and here on my blog.
- Make sure my website has up-to-date preorder links.
-Submit for reviews.
- Submit to book newsletters for promotion.
- Post the teaser from November (or maybe a different teaser) on Wattpad.
- Promote CurseBreaker in Facebook groups and Google+ groups.
- Reach out to author and blogger friends to see if they'll help me promote CurseBreaker.
- Create graphics to promote CurseBreaker.
Promotion and release day giveaway (potential exclusive copy of book)
I know what you think it missing - editing and cover design. It's not missing. I've already created CurseBreaker's cover and the manuscript has already gone through three rounds of editing and proofreading. I have a few other things up my sleeve but I don't want to reveal them just yet.
What do you think of my marketing plan? Is there anything you would add? Are you a blogger or reviewer that would be interested in reading and reviewing CurseBreaker when the time comes? Or would you be interested in having me do a guest post or author interview? Just let me know and we'll work something out!