Wednesday, July 5, 2017

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #82

This "WIR"-Wednesday I'm tackling a couple open books.  I'm back to the audiobook of Caraval by Stephanie Garber and plodding my way through an ARC of Ever the Brave by Erin Summerill but my main read this "WIR"-Wednesday is...

The Valiant by Lesley Livingston
Blurb:
Princess. Captive. Gladiator. Always a Warrior. 

Fallon is the daughter of a proud Celtic king and the younger sister of the legendary fighter Sorcha. When Fallon was just a child, Sorcha was killed by the armies of Julius Caesar. 

On the eve of her seventeenth birthday, Fallon is excited to follow in her sister's footsteps and earn her place in her father's war band. She never gets the chance.

Fallon is captured and sold to an elite training school for female gladiators—owned by none other than Julius Caesar himself. In a cruel twist of fate, the man who destroyed Fallon’s family might be her only hope of survival. 

Now, Fallon must overcome vicious rivalries, deadly fights in and out of the arena, and perhaps the most dangerous threat of all: her irresistible feelings for Cai, a young Roman soldier and her sworn enemy. 

Why I Chose This Book | What I Think So Far:
I've been wanting to read this book for a while now and I've heard good things about it. I think the reason I waited so long was that I'd heard mixed reviews and was afraid to buy it in case I didn't like it. But I took the plunge a couple months ago and The Valiant has been sitting on my shelf for months I figured it was high time I gave it a try. So far I noticed that this book seems to have huge font (what is it, a 14-point font?) which should have made it a fairly quick read. I planned on starting this book yesterday but I decided to watch tv instead then last night when I began flipping through it doubt began to creep in. I'm not sure I like the story of it after all. I'm not sure I'm going to give this book a try or whether I'll just stick with Ever the Brave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR