This week I'm tackling the Unpopular Opinion Book Tag and revealing a few bookish truths that might shock and horrify you...
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn't like.
The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater - I felt like I needed a prequel to figure this book out. I DNF'd it because the little that I read of it I didn't like and didn't understand what was going on.
RoseBlood by A.G. Howard - I don't know how many people actually hate this book, I know quite a few that like it, but I've heard a lot of people complain that it's a slow read so they DNF it.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with theperson you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don't like.
Luce and Daniel from Fallen - am I the only one that wanted Luce to end up with Cam? I know Cam finds love in Unforgiven, but still...
Dystopian - Way too depressing because it reminds me of where we could be headed as a society.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Scarlett Dragna from Caraval
Kendare Blake - I just couldn't get into Three Dark Crowns, but I haven't really read anything else by her.
7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. (examples "lost princess", corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
Faeries, everything is faeries right now. Faeries and High Fae are becoming what Vampires were ten years ago. Not every book lives up to the ACOTAR series.
The Hunger Games.
9. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
Under the Dome, Beautiful Creatures, The Great Gatsby
So have I completely shocked and horrified you yet?