Sunday, August 20, 2017

My Favorite "Broken Men" in Literature

Bookish Confession:
I completely swoon for the dark, moody, damaged broken men I read about in books. From Varen Nethers in the Nevermore Trilogy to Reed Royal in the Royals Series, from Lucas Wolf from the Devoured Books to Sawyer Weston in D. Kelly's Illusions Series... I love them all. 

How could I possibly think a guy with mood swings, a bad temper, and a dark past is sexy you ask? 

Maybe it's the whole bad boy thing. Maybe I think the most damaged ones are the most deserving of love. Maybe I see a lot of someone I care deeply about reflected in those characters. Yeah... it's mostly that last part, but definitely the other two points as well.

I guess part of it is that I think the "perfect" male character, like in Nicholas Sparks books are a little too perfect... like they're hiding something. Nobody is that understanding all the time, nor does someone always say the right thing and do the right thing all. the. time. It's just not possible. It's unrealistic.

The flawed guys just seem more... human. More... real? And to me, that's what makes all the difference when reading a book. You want to immerse yourself in the story and forget that it's a work of fiction and that the characters aren't actually real. 

So in honor of my guilty pleasure, here are some of my favorite sexy bad boys and broken men in literature...

1. Lucas Wolf from Devoured by Emily Snow

2. Varen Nethers from Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

3. Thorn from RoseBlood

4. The Goblin King from Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones

5. Sawyer Weston from Just An Illusion by D. Kelly

6. Reed Royal from the Royals by Erin Watt

7. Daniel Porter from Can't Hardly Breathe by Gena Showalter



8. Razor Turner from Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry

9. John from Trust by Kylie Scott

10. Shane Collins from the Morganville Vampire Series by Rachel Caine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR