Friday, March 16, 2018

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Blurb:
Can Anna find love in the City of Light?

Anna is happy in Atlanta. She has a loyal best friend and a crush on her coworker at the movie theater, who is just starting to return her affection. So she's less than thrilled when her father decides to send her to a boarding school in Paris for her senior year.

But despite not speaking a word of French, Anna meets some cool new people, including the handsome ร‰tienne St. Clair, who quickly becomes her best friend. Unfortunately, he's taken —and Anna might be, too. Will a year of romantic near misses end with the French kiss she's waiting for?

My Review:
Anna and the French Kiss is a cute contemporary romance that's easy to breeze through. 

Anna was sent to spend her senior year at a boarding school in Paris because her writer father (think Nicholas Sparks) wants to impress people. Anna is less than thrilled to leave Atlanta, her friends, and a budding romance with a friend behind to live in a country she knows little about and doesn't speak much of the language. 

But once she arrives she makes new friends, including the attractive yet unavailable Etienne St. Clair. Maybe living in Paris won't be so bad after all. But could St. Clair see her as more than a friend? 

Overall, I enjoyed this book although I found Anna whiny and kind of unintelligent at times. She reminds me of everything the French claim Americans to be. I loved St. Clair and Anna's other new friends although I didn't like the end between Josh and his girlfriend, although I understand it had to make way for him to be a romantic interest in the third book of the trilogy. The author's descriptions of Paris made me feel like I was right there with Anna, which is always good. To be honest, I read this book after There's Someone Inside Your House and I have to admit I liked that book better. 

My Rating:
๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ
3.75 of 5 Stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR