Monday, September 24, 2018

Book Review: Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan


Book of Shadows (Sweep Series, #1) by Cate Tiernan
Blurb:
Something is happening to me that I don't understand.

I see things, feel things in a new way. I can do things normal people can't do. Powerful things. Magical things. It scares me.

I never chose to learn witchcraft. But I'm starting to wonder if witchcraft is choosing me.

My Review:
This is my 3rd reread of the Sweep Series and I still love Book of Shadows as much as I did the first time I read it. 

It's an easy book to get through, and in a way it's like stepping back into a teenage time of the past since this book was published when I was 8. It's such a contrast between the way Morgan's parents acted about her interest in Wicca then and how uninterested parents would be in 2018. Also in the way people act with Morgan's aunt being a lesbian and how open things are now. 

You have to remember this book is fiction. Yes, while this book/series has a lot of info about Wicca and always serves to renew my Wiccan beliefs, it's still a fiction book and details have been invented by the author. I think some readers forget that. 

Honestly, I think this series is so underrated and I wish more people knew about it. 

My Rating:
🌟🌟🌟🌟
4 of 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR