Monday, December 31, 2018

2018 Wrap Up: BIG New Year's Eve Post


If every reading year has a word attached to it (2016 was the year of the Indie, 2017 was the year of the ARC) then 2018 was the year of the Surprise. I've read 110 books this year, a record for me but that's not the surprising thing. What surprised me was more than a few of the books I'd earmarked as must-read, highly-anticipated before their releases fell flat for me and the books I loved the most were the ones I had written off ahead of time as "meh, I don't think I'll like this one."

My Top 18 Favorite Books I've Read in 2018:

18. Imber by Tyffany Hackett

17. The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle

16. Pestilence by Laura Thalassa

15. A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer

14. Wall of Crosses by Baj Goodson

13. Mary Shelley: The Strange True Tale of Frankenstein's Creator by Catherine Reef

12. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

11. Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman

10. Heart of Thorns by Bree Barton 

9. My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows

8. There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins

7. See How She Dies by Lisa Jackson

6. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

5. An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson

4.Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young

3. The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke

2. Broken Things by Lauren Oliver

1. Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand


12 Authors I Discovered & Loved in 2018:

Nicole Castroman

Jay Kristoff


Laura Bickle


Laura Thalassa


Marie Rutkowski


Becky Moynihan


Lauren Oliver


Claire Legrand


Alexandra Christo


Ann Aguirre


April Genevieve Tucholke


Penelope Ward

Top Ten Favorite Book Covers of 2018

1. Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young

2. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

3. An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson

4. The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke

5. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi

6. The Towering Sky by Katharine McGee

7. To Kill A Kingdom by Alexandra Christo

8. What the Woods Keep by Katya de Becerra
         
9. Reactive by Becky Moynihan

10. Broken Things by Lauren Oliver

Top 5 Favorite Genres of 2018:

1. Horror

2. Post-Apocalyptic

3. Sci-Fi

4. Fantasy

5. Thriller

Top 5 Favorite Audiobooks of 2018:

1. Gentleman 9 by Penelope Ward

2. See How She Dies by Lisa Jackson

3. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

4. Legendary by Stephanie Garber

5. The Towering Sky by Katharine McGee
2018 was truly an amazing year in the publishing world. So many fantastic books came out this year and 2019 looks like it will be just as wonderful.  What were some of your favorite books/new authors of 2018? Let me know in the comments! Let's swap recs! 

Happy New Year Bookdragons! I'll see you in 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR