Thursday, February 7, 2019

Bookish And Not So Bookish Thoughts - 7 February 2019


Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts is a Weekly Meme hosted by Christine @ Bookishly  Boisterous.

Happy Thursday Bookdragons! 

1. I have way too many books open as once. I'm reading one mammoth (War and Peace), a YA Fantasy, and a YA Horror. I admit it's a strange combination. I'm used to one-book-at-a-time-reading but I have so many books to read this month I'm tripling up.

2. I haven't been feeling the best this week. I was tired and achy and it affected my interest in my daily tasks. I keep telling myself "I'll feel better tomorrow" but so far I'm still dealing with the aches, the depression, the congestion. I hate when people are sick around me and it rubs off on me.

3. Just a week after discussing my plan to save money, I've bought more books. I mean, it's not really hurting me this month because I can't really start saving for my Charleston trip until after my next paycheck but I'm still battling the urge to buy all of the fantastic releases out this month! 

4. I'm afraid of crawling back into my shell. Last month I was really social on Twitter talking to other writers but so far this month I'm really having to fight myself to say anything to anyone. I'm doing a bit better on Instagram but the people I talk to there I've interacted with for at least a year and I think I just feel more comfortable with them. To those new to my blog, I have a lot of trouble talking to other people. Most people think it's shyness - and maybe it is to a point - but sometimes I think it's a lack of knowing what to say or fearing that the other person will misunderstand what I'm saying or not get my joke and not want to talk to me anymore. It's a daily struggle.

5. My writing is going so well this week. I've set a low goal of 900 words per day and I've surpassed that goal two days in a row and I'm about to get to work again once I catch up on my post for tomorrow. Yesterday was a battle scene, I'm eager to see what today brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR