Monday, May 20, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: 8 Books I Refuse to Let Anyone Touch


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish and currently hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl.

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books I Am Protective Of

This week's TTT is about books in our collection we won't let anyone touch, mess with, or borrow because they're special or valuable or irreplaceable. These books I shudder at the thought of someone with unclean hands handling...

1. A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

What's special about my copy? It's  signed by GRRM himself!


2. The Heart Forger by Rin Chupeco

What's special about my copy? It's the ARC copy with the different cover. I was so surprised to get this one I screamed for joy!

3. RoseBlood by A.G. Howard

What's special about my copy? It was my first physical ARC. There's always something special about your first.

4. Pretty much any of my signed books

What's special about these? Well, they're signed. I'm always afraid someone is going to walk off with them. I have a pretty huge collection, over 100 signed novels ranging from Leigh Bardugo to Sarah J. Maas (I have all of her books signed) and more. 

5.The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

What's special about my copy? It's a special edition hardcover. 

6. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

What's Special about my copy? I have the collector's edition and the French edition. 

7. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

What's special about my copy? It's the collector's edition and it's signed.

8. Boy Heaven by Laura Kasischke 

What's special about my copy? This book is out of print and so hard to find. It took me forever to track down after accidentally getting rid of my original copy.


 What books are so special you're a bit crazy about them when other people try to look at them?
Let me know in the comments or drop me a link to your TTT!
Happy Reading Bookdragons!

8 comments:

  1. I actually completely forgot about my arcs when doing this topic, opps! Great stuff here and we have some of the same!

    www.tbrandbeyond.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't collect special editions so this week I had to go off the board and create my own topic. I love the book of the Throne of Glass book. My TTT list this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Six of Crows book! Most of my signed books are special to me too, although I have one set I won in a sweepstakes by this author I'm not really familiar with... that one isn't really as important to me as the other signed books I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes total sense not to let someone borrow a signed or special edition book.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm generally not all that precious about my books. I probably wouldn't let anyone borrow my signed books, but other than that, I actually love sharing my books with people, it's nice to be able to share stories that you've loved with friends.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/05/21/top-ten-tuesday-212/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! A signed copy by GRRM? I would hold tight to that book, too!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you wouldn't want to lend these books out! :-) Awesome list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice list! You have a lot of signed books! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR