Monday, May 20, 2019

It’s Monday! What are you reading? - 20 May, 2019



#IMWAYR is a weekly meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at The Book Date.

Happy Monday Bookdragons! I'm a little late in posting but it's been a crazy Monday around here. 


What I Read Last Week:

Can you believe I have never read Emma before? I've seen the Masterpiece adaptation a couple times, but I've never read the book even though I've had the audiobook in my library for almost a year. It was a quick, enjoyable read. I love how the edition I have is read by an entire cast, those are my favorite type of audiobooks!

I also read this awesome book last week. If you're a fan of YA fantasy novels including strong female leads and the bond between sisters this book is for you! Check it out this October and make sure to preorder and keep your receipt!!!

I read and loved Roar two years ago and was really excited to get an ARC of Rage. This book definitely did not disappoint even after the length of time between books. I can't wait for the final book in the trilogy to see how it all ends! Rage hits bookshelves in August so be sure to check it out and catch up with Roar in-between!

What I Am Reading Now:
This was at the top of my countdown to ApollyCon 2020 TBR list and I grabbed it during an audiobook sale on Libro.fm last week. I'm about 3/4 of the way through and kicking myself for not reading this series sooner!

I'm also reading and loving The Kingdom by Jess Rothenberg. Think of a Disney-like theme park where the princesses were robots (probably not the best descriptor), the animal attractions are "formerly extinct species" crossbred into strange combinations, and strange fatal "accidents" are beginning to happen. I cannot read this one fast enough!

Up Next:
Next up for me is...

Onyx & Ivory (Audiobook) is my next Countdown to ApollyCon Challenge read! I haven't picked a physical book to read next yet. I have three June ARCs to pick from.

1 comment:

  1. Emma is my favourite Jane Austen book.
    Grave Maidens sounds good

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR