Monday, June 10, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Unpopular Bookish Opinions


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish and currently hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl.

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Unpopular Bookish Opinions

This week's TTT I'm letting you in on a few secrets. Unpopular bookish opinions to be exact. But shhhhh you can't tell anyone what I really think on a few of these books... it will be our little secret. You, me, and the entire interwebs...

1. I thought The Cruel Prince was overrated and I only bought The Wicked King because I heard it was better than TCP.


2. I love Sarah J. Maas's books, but I DNF'd A Court of Wings and Ruin. I thought it was boring compared to ACOMAF and could have been wayyyyy shorter.


3. I actually really love "love triangles" in books


4. The Keira Knightley adaptation of Pride and Prejudice is my favorite. While I think Colin Firth is lacking just enough in personality to play Mr. Darcy, I just can't get behind him as a love interest. *gags*


5.I thought the adaptation of To All the Boys I Loved Before was really cheesy and I don't understand the hype over the movie/books. 


6. I love Erin Watt's Royals Series and I disagree that it promotes toxic teen relationships.


7. I liked Twilight as a teenager. And yes, I was team Edward. *shrugs* There. I said it.


8. I read all the Harry Potter books but they'll never be my favorite books/series. 



9. I find people who think certain fantasy books are insensitive are idiots. They're fantasy... they're not meant to represent any true culture even if they take basic influences from them. Furthermore, books should never be burned just because you don't like them.

10. Escaping from Houdini is my least favorite book in the Stalking Jack the Ripper series so far.


 What are some of your unpopular bookish opinions? Are any as big of doozies as mine?
Let me know in the comments or drop me a link to your TTT!
Happy Reading Bookdragons!

10 comments:

  1. We all have different tastes so no forgiveness necessary. I haven't read anything by Sarah Maas even though everyone seems to love her books. My TTT Bookish Opinions

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there's sometimes a little too much uproar over certain fantasy books. I can see it with a few books, but most of the time the author is not trying to be hateful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so... Colin Firth is the BEST Mr. Darcy, so you're wrong (wink)! But I agree with you about the Harry Potter books. I read almost all of them but no, not a favorite series of mine either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't like Twilight. But Harry Potter...yes.

    I wrote about Widely-Held But Misguided Notions About Reading. I'd love to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's cool you gave The Wicked King a try even though you weren't the biggest fan of The Cruel Prince.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am Keira Knightly trash, so I absolutely agree with you on Pride & Prejudice haha.
    I'm also a fan of love triangles :)
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that, if done properly, a love triangle can add a lot of tension to a novel. But when you throw that second option into the mix just to make the original jealous, no thanks.

    I'll admit to enjoying Twilight as well, even though I was an adult when I read it. But New Moon soured me because my mother would have slapped me silly if I'd acted like Bella did in that book. LOL

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your honesty! Thanks so much for sharing <3

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday if you'd like to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked Twilight a few years back too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wasn't a huge fan of To All the Boys, but I liked the movie better than the books. And I've also sometimes wondered about the uproar over certain fantasy books when there's no solid correlation between the book and the real world. Thanks for sharing your unpopular views!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR