Sunday, September 1, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 2 September 2019



#IMWAYR is a weekly meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at The Book Date.

Happy Labor Day Bookdragons! I hope you're relaxing and reading and enjoying the end of the three-day weekend! 


What I Read Last Week:
So I ended up DNF'ing this one less than ten pages in. I didn't like the first book so I don't know why I thought the second book would be better. *Sighs* oh well. Another book off my shelf at least. 
I read all three Scary Stories books (bound into one hardcover) last week. I was so afraid to read these books as a kid and now I wonder why. They weren't scary, they were actually boring and fragmented. 

What I Am Reading Now:
I started reading this book at the coffee shop on Wednesday and I'm really enjoying it so far!  As a street team member (and even if I wasn't) I highly recommend preordering this November release. And guess what? If you preorder from One More Page you'll get your book signed (and personalized if you wish) with an exclusive crown stamp on the page! To preorder visit: https://www.onemorepagebooks.com/crown-oblivion-julie-eshbaugh-signed-featuring-exclusive-stamp-nov-12th

Last week I also started reading Bloodleaf. I'm not very far into it and I might put off finishing it for a while because I have more than a few books going right now for me to really devote time to this one.
I still need to finish the audiobook of It's Always the Husband. I'm only about 20% in because with last month's writing schedule I was so tired by the time I crawled into bed I was too exhausted to focus on an audiobook and I didn't want to miss anything because I love this author's writing! 

Up Next:
With a new month comes a new TBR list and this month I hope to read...
This should be easy to get through because I can always read a story or two before bed while still reading other books during the rest of my free time.
I've been meaning to read this book since it came out and I think it's high time I got into it.
The book I've been waiting for all year... I can't wait to get my copy of Capturing the Devil and see how this series ends!
I blew off most of my ARC reading last month so I'm catching up this month. I've been wanting to start this one, I just haven't had the time.
One of the things I love most about Fall is the spooky reads. This is another ARC I have to get to and it is the perfect time of the year to get started on it! 
What are you reading this week? Do you plan out a TBR for the month or do you just wing it?

5 comments:

  1. Funny how different people can be. I found Scary Stories to be terrifying!

    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about It's Always the Husband. Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read The Cruel Prince and thought it was okay. I really have no desire to continue the series though. I don't read scary books usually but have seen Scary Stories... My students enjoyed it. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've preordered His Hideous Heart and the Rules for Vanishing. The Tenth Girl looks good. My weekly update

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your currently reading and TBR has some great books! Enjoy your week! :D

    ReplyDelete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR