Thursday, December 31, 2020

{2020 Send Off} BIG New Year's Eve WRAP UP

I think we can all say 2020 was a shitty year. Not counting covid, politics, or social unrest in the past 13 months (because I'm counting December 2019 as part of 2020 for its' shittiness) my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer (December 2019), my dad died (April 2020), and then after 3 months of on and off illness my beloved grandmother died (December 18, 2020). So, needless to say I'm ready to put this year in the rearview. Can you blame me? 

Every year I do a big blog post listing my favorite books of the year, some new-to-me authors I've started reading, etc. I think we can all agree that 2020 was a hard year to focus on anything, even reading which is usually an escape for a lot of people. I did read 71 books this year, most of which were thrillers (but not all) which definitely contributed to my favorites list this year...

Top Books of 2020: 

13. House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas 

12. The Betrothed by Kiera Cass 

11. The Bridge Kingdom by Danielle L. Jensen 

10. The Babysitter by Nancy Bush

9. The Elizas by Sara Shepard

8. Neverworld Wake by Marisha Pessl

7. The Similars by Rebecca Hanover

6. Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia

5. Home Before Dark by Riley Sager

4. One by One by Ruth Ware

3. Girl Gone Mad by Avery Bishop

2. The Guest List by Lucy Foley

1.The Return by Rachel Harrison


New Auto-Buy Authors: 
1. Heather Hildenbrand 

2. Ella Maven 

3. Riley Sager 

4. Nancy Bush 

5. Stacey Gail 

6. Stacey Rourke 

7. Danielle L. Jensen 

Favorite Book Covers of 2020: 
Where Dreams Descend (Owlcrate) 

Bone Crier’s Moon 

Reborn Yesterday 

The Betrothed 

House of Earth and Blood 

Magic Dark and Strange
 
Skyhunter 

The Boundless 

Winter White and Wicked 


Sequels/Series Enders: 
Send Me Their Souls by Sara Wolf

Ventus by Tyffany Hackett 

Broken by Stacey Gail
 
Warmaidens by Kelly Coon 

Favorite Audibooks of 2020: 
The Bridge Kingdom 
Mexican Gothic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR