Sunday, April 11, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 12 April 2021

#IMWAYR is a weekly meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at The Book Date.

Happy Monday Bookdragons! Last week I got back on track and had a really good reading week. 

What I Read Last Week: 

Shiver by Allie Reynolds

I really enjoyed this book. It's a locked-door thriller set at a ski/snowboarding resort in France with And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie vibes. I kept seeing it on bookstagram and it was definitely worth checking out!

The Sanatorium by Sarah Pearse

I did not enjoy it at all. I should have known because it's a Reese Witherspoon pick and I'm always leery of her choices. But I kept seeing it on bookstagram and it sounded good so I bought it at the same time as Shiver. They seemed like they were both on the same theme and I should have enjoyed them both. It started out creepy and promising. But only a few pages in I couldn't stand the main character, Elin. Even that far into the book I wondered how she could possibly have ever been a detective with the type of personality she had. Anxiety and being a cop are not a good mix. I got about 30-40 pages in but I couldn't get past how much I disliked Elin. 

Currently Reading:

Mina and the Undead by Amy McCaw


{Placeholder}

Next Read

Tuesday Mooney Talks to Ghosts by Kate Racculia


I've had this book for a while and I'm determined to read it this month. I actually thought it was about something completely different when I picked it up than when I just read the blurb as I was preparing this post so I'll see how I like it. It's worth a shot right?

*** 

 What are you reading this week? Have you read any of these books?

2 comments:

Read NIGHT OF TERROR