Monday, May 17, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 17 May 2021

#IMWAYR is a weekly meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at The Book Date.

Happy Monday Bookdragons! I've been taking advantage of my library's hoopla borrows the past week and enjoying a bunch of audiobooks and ebooks... 

What I Read Last Week: 

Shadow Touched (A Touch of Vampire Book 1) by Becky Moynihan

Becky is such a talented author and I loved this paranormal romance novel. Vampires are coming back to popularity in books lately and this is the first one I've really enjoyed recently. This has all the elements to love - vampires, werewolves, witches, secrets, swoon-worthy boys, great friendships, and steamy chemistry between the main character and her love interest.

The Last Final Girl by Stephen Graham Jones
This was my first book by Stephen Graham Jones although I've seen his books recommended by booksellers before and added them to my TBR. The Last Final Girl is a satirical homage to the campy 80s horror that fans know and love. The way it reads (or is told as I listened to the audiobook) is like you are watching a movie that pans from one character's perspective to another. It is like you're watching a movie, and I love how that was done because I enjoy books that are unconventional. If you like the horror genre and know it's not to be taken seriously, you'll enjoy this book. I recommend listening to the audiobook!

The Second-Best Haunted Hotel on Mercer Street by Cory Putman Oakes

I saw this book on bookstagram but I can't afford to buy books right now. Luckily my library's Hoopla had it and I was able to enjoy this cute middle grade read. I don't often read middle grade but I loved everything about this book! I even teared up a little bit when a couple of the ghosts Moved On... I know, I know... I'm a 28-year-old woman blubbering over a book written for young readers. I'll definitely buy a copy of this in the future to add to my collection. 

Currently Reading:

Fresh Brewed Murder by Emmeline Duncan


This is a book I saw on a Can't Wait Wednesday post a month or so back. I'm not the biggest fan of cozy mysteries but this one is an interesting mystery without having all the squeaky-clean aspects of a Hallmark movie. I love the complexity of Sage's background and how she's overcome her mother's infamy to become the full-rounded person she is. As a coffee addict I'm also enjoying all the coffee references. I'll finish this audiobook tonight (only 50 pages left) and I'm definitely looking forward to reading more of this series!

Next Read

No Way Out by Fern Michaels


I remember my grandmother reading Fern Michaels's books over the years but I always thought they were more in the romance genre so I didn't read them. But when I saw this book on the library's Hoopla and read the description I added it to my borrow's list. 

*** 

 What are you reading this week? Have you read any of my recent reads?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR