Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts - 28 August 2019


Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts is a Weekly Meme hosted by Christine @ Bookishly  Boisterous.


1. As sad as I am to see the warm weather draw to an end for the year I am so excited that fall is just around the corner. I'm ready for fall colors, new fashions, cool nights reading under soft blankets with a cup of cider and the preparation for my favorite holiday, Halloween. There are also a ton of awesome books coming out this fall that I can't wait for!

2. I started out this month strong, reading-wise but that tapered off mid-month and now I'm not sure what I want to read. I've started at least four novels and a collection of stories but I've left off in varying degrees of completeness due to my writing schedule this month.     

3. Speaking of my writing, this month my goal was to add 6,000 words to my work in progress, Monsters & Mist which would bring my word count to just over 90,000 words (twenty thousand over my initial goal) and as of last night I just surpassed 91,000 words! There are about 3 more major plot points I need to hit yet then I need to add in a scene I feel is necessary to the plotting of the midsection of the book and the "History of Esternwhorl" sections that will fit in between each chapter. I figure I'll do most of that in September and add 5-10,000 more words to the project before I am finally, finally finished with the first draft.

4. One of the books I'm on a street team for released this week, and if you haven't already checked it out, I highly recommend adding Rage (Stormheart #2) by Cora Carmack to your TBR list! 

5. I'm so behind on writing my reviews it's embarrassing. As you might know I host "The Saturday Review" meme here on my blog but it's been notably absent all summer because of me being so backlogged with writing my reviews. I'm trying to get back on track this weekend but it will probably end up being two-three weeks of catching up with all the books I have to review yet. 

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about fall, and your description of how you want to spend cool nights has really pulled me in. Thanks! Congrats on meeting your word count goals. Here are MY BOOKISH & NOT SO BOOKISH THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with catching up on all of your reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR