Tuesday, August 27, 2019

I Can't Wait For... Crier's War


Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released.

I've been trying to read more LGBTQ+ books this year and when I saw this upcoming release I knew I had to have it on my fall TBR! 

Crier's War
Crier's War Book 1
By Nina Varela
YA Fantasy
eBook, Hardcover, audiobook, 488 Pages
October 1, 2019 by HarperTeen 



Blurb
After the War of Kinds ravaged the kingdom of Rabu, the Automae, designed to be the playthings of royals, usurped their owners’ estates and bent the human race to their will.

Now Ayla, a human servant rising in the ranks at the House of the Sovereign, dreams of avenging her family’s death…by killing the sovereign’s daughter, Lady Crier.

Crier was Made to be beautiful, flawless, and to carry on her father’s legacy. But that was before her betrothal to the enigmatic Scyre Kinok, before she discovered her father isn’t the benevolent king she once admired, and most importantly, before she met Ayla.

Now, with growing human unrest across the land, pressures from a foreign queen, and an evil new leader on the rise, Crier and Ayla find there may be only one path to love: war.


Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Book Depository

What do you think? Will you be checking this one out? 

10 comments:

  1. I really, really love the cover for this! I hope you enjoy it!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is so gorgeous! I've heard mixed things from reviewers so far so I'm excited to form my own opinion

      Delete
  2. I usually don´t read that genre, but this sounds pretty good. And the cover is gorgeous. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It almost sounds more sci-fi or dystopian than fantasy but either way I'm looking forward to it. The cover is pretty to look at no matter the genre :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, sounds good. Hope you love it when you get a chance to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Luckily the release isn't too far off so I won't have that long to wait :)

      Delete
  4. I am with Vi--the cover is gorgeous! I have a feeling Ayla's path will not go exactly in the direction she expected. This sounds like it will be full of intrigue and tension. I am definitely interested! I hope you enjoy it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was instant cover love for me even before I read the blurb! Ah yes, even the best laid plans hardly ever go the way the characters expect, do they? It definitely sounds like it has hate-to-love or enemies-to-lovers appeal. Have a great rest of your week!

      Delete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR