Sunday, August 11, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 12 August 2019



#IMWAYR is a weekly meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at The Book Date.



What I Read Last Week:
I'd been waiting to read this one all summer! It was such an addictive, sexy, hilarious read that I couldn't put it down! I'm going to binge the rest of the series as soon as possible. 
This was a good solid read by an author new to me. I liked the premise and how fast paced it was. It wasn't perfect but I'd definitely read the other two books in the trilogy!
I wanted to read this book since I finished Warcross but I was afraid it wouldn't be as good as the first book. It wasn't what I expected but I loved it in equal measure to Warcross and I'm satisfied with the ending of the duology! I'm glad I gave these books a chance.

What I Am Reading Now:
The movie adaptation of this book came up in my Netflix queue last week and I loved it so naturally I wanted to read the book. A friend of mine once told me you need to go into each as if they are not meant to be the same and then you'll enjoy them without comparing so that's how I went into the book. I'm about 1/3 of the way in and completely hooked on the story. The movie version is different, yes, but they're both great. 

Up Next:
Next up for me is...
I've been really into thriller and horror novels this summer and this one looks like a quick, eerie read. 
What are you reading this week?

5 comments:

  1. Oh I didn’t see A Simple Favor on Netflix, I’ll have to add it to my queue.

    Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Wild Card and Warcross too. Interesting worldbuilding! Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't bring myself to read a book after seeing the movie, but I love to see the movie AFTER I read the book. I hope you have a great reading week and stop by if you get a chance:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2019/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-81219.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear you liked Wildcard, I was wondering too how it would hold up to Warcross. I still need to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR