Monday, April 5, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 5 April 2021

#IMWAYR is a weekly meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at The Book Date.

Happy Monday Bookdragons! March was a bad reading month and I didn't finish any books toward the end of the month but I did get back on track at the beginning of April... 

What I Read Last Week: 

The Duke and I (Bridgerton #1) by Julia Quinn

I started The Duke and I while I was in my reading slump but I didn't actually finish it until April 1st. This may go as part of me watching the show first but I did and didn't like the book. I feel like we see a lot less of characters like Eloise in the first book who was such a strong character in the show. And I did not like the book version of Simon. He was hot one minute then he was throwing a hissy fit because of something someone said the next minute. How is someone supposed to know not to ask about your childhood or father if you never explain why it is such a sore subject? Especially when it's your wife. There were humorous parts of the book which I enjoyed but overall it was kind of a 'meh' read. 

The Lost Village by Camilla Sten

Holy S! This book! Before it released I wasn't sure if I was going to like it but after reading some positive reviews I decided to give it a chance. And it paid off huge! This book was amazing! It was deliciously tense and eerie, definitely creepy to read at night, and perfect for a reader looking for a book that will leave their heart-racing and stay with you after you finish the last page. Mark my words: this book will make it onto my 'best of' list at the end of the year! 

Currently Reading:

Shiver by Allie Reynolds


After my slump, rearranging my TBR, and having the stomach flu over the weekend (I'm better now thankfully) I just started Shiver last night finally. But with a prologue like that I'm definitely intrigued to see where it's heading. 

Next Read

Mina and the Undead by Amy McCaw


I've been waiting for this book since I first heard of it and I got my copy on Saturday! The paperback edition is really cool in person also!

*** 

 What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR