Sunday, May 30, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 31 May 2021

#IMWAYR is a weekly meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at The Book Date.

Hey Bookdragons! Happy Memorial Day (or Happy Monday to everyone else!) I hope you're having a great day whatever you're up to. 

What I Read Last Week: 

Heartless by Marissa Meyer


I've tried twice but I just can't get into this book. I'm blaming this on the fact that I never really liked Alice in Wonderland and I haven't really enjoyed any of the retellings, by any author. It's really nothing personal to this author.

Corpse Queen by Stacey Rourke

If you like Tim Burton, Beetlejuice, and Sassy Take-No-Prisoners heroines you'll love this book! Full review will be posted Friday!  

Big Summer by Jennifer Weiner

This was a DNF book for me. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be going in and I probably won't read anything else by this author. 

One Year Gone by Avery Bishop

This book releases in August. The author sent me an advance copy and I devoured it last week. I liked how it was told in the mother's perspective after her daughter's disappearance and in the daughter's perspective before and leading up to her disappearance. The dual timelines worked for me.

Currently Reading:

Kingdom of the Wicked by Kerri Maniscalco


I feel like I've been sitting on this book forever. Everyone I know who has read it loved it but I put it off for some reason. I'm starting it tonight so we'll see how I fare. 

Next Read

Tentative First Week of June TBR

More Info:
The Wicked Aftermath by Melissa Foster (eARC)
Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco (reread)
Her Dark Lies by J.T. Ellison (audiobook)

*** 

 What are you reading this week? Have you read any of my recent reads?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR