Sunday, June 6, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 7 June 2021

#IMWAYR is a weekly meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at The Book Date.

Hey Bookdragons! I hope you had a great first week of June! We got the screens on our windows last Wednesday so I've been enjoying the breeze coming in while I read before bed. This past weekend was a scorcher so the open window and the fan felt wonderful. 

What I Read Last Week: 

Kingdom of the Wicked by Kerri Maniscalco


I have no idea why but I just couldn't get into this book. I think it might have something to do with my dislike of the prologue. Maybe I should have skipped over it... 

The Wicked Aftermath by Melissa Foster


I really, really loved this book! My review goes up Friday as part of the release week blitz and review tour! 

Drive Me Wild by Melanie Harlow

I think I found a new auto-buy author! This book was such a great, fast read and the sexy scenes... wow!  

Bittersweet by Sarina Bowen

As you may be able to tell, The Wicked Aftermath spurred a contemporary romance binge, and I've been meaning to actually read some of the books I've put on my kindle this year. I wasn't sure after reading and loving The Wicked Aftermath and Drive Me Wild that I would love this book as much but once I got into it I couldn't put it down!

Escaping From Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco

I finished my reread of Escaping from Houdini on Saturday. Unlike Kingdom of the Wicked, I can just get swept away with this series and the mystery unfolding. This is still my least favorite of the series because of the way Audrey Rose treats Thomas. I know she claimed it was something to do with a sleight of hand but to me it was just so unfair.

Flipcup by Kim Hartfield

I signed up for Kindle Unlimited because I was offered two months free, which works out because I have a lot of ebooks that are KU that I've been wanting to read. Flipcup was a perfect choice for pride month that really fell flat for me. I'm still thinking about how I want to review it but I didn't enjoy it and probably won't read anything else by this author.

Currently Reading:

Make Me Yours by Melanie Harlow


I obviously loved the first book in this series (Drive Me Wild, mentioned above) and I couldn't wait to read the next book. I'm 30% in and just as hooked as I was with the first book. 

Capturing the Devil by Kerri Maniscalco

I'm starting my re-read of Capturing the Devil today. 

Next Read

Tentative Second Week of June TBR

More Info:
Call Me Crazy by Melanie Harlow

*** 

 What are you reading this week? Have you read any of my recent reads?

2 comments:

  1. I have Bittersweet on my Kindle to read. I read the first book set in the cafe in the world of True North which I liked so I need to get back to the original story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great assortment and variety of books. I've only read Stalking Jack the Ripper but have 2-4 of that series on my Kindle. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR