Monday, June 7, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books I Loved that Made Me Want More Books Like Them

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish and currently hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl.

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books I Loved That Made Me Want More Books Like Them
This week’s TTT is all about books we loved that made us want more books like them. The wording was a bit tricky so I'll give you the explanation Jana had - "What I’m thinking is… you read a book and immediately wanted more just like it, perhaps in the same genre, about the same topic or theme, by the same author, etc. For example, I once read a medical romance and then went to find more because it was so good. The same thing happened to me with pirate historical romances and romantic suspense." I'm going to go with first books of a certain genre that I loved that made me want to read other books in that genre, as well as a few of a specific subject that made me look for similar books.

1. Genre: Paranormal Romance

2. Genre: Fantasy

3. Genre: Sci-Fi

4. Genre: Thriller


5. Genre: YA Horror

6. Genre: Historical Fiction 

7. Genre: Dystopian

8. Specific Subgenre: Apocalyptic/Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi

9. Specific Subgenre: Rock Star Romance 

10. Specific Subgenre: Retellings


***
How did you interpret this week's prompt?
Let me know in the comments or drop a link to your TTT!
Happy Reading Bookdragons!
-Taylor

4 comments:

  1. Great list, although I did giggle at the cover of Unknown: for a post apocalyptic novel, she looks very cleanly dressed like she is going to a job interview! But not having read the book I am probably being deeply unfair!
    This is my TTT https://bookloverssanctuary.com/2021/06/08/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-loved-that-made-me-want-more-books-like-them/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dead House does sound good!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-loved-that-made-me-want-more-books-like-them/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twilight did the same for me at the time I read it. It made me pick up Rachel Caine's Glass Houses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had The Hunger Games on my list this week for the same reason that you had Divergent, it was my main introduction into dystopia.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/06/08/top-ten-tuesday-319/

    ReplyDelete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR