Thursday, August 4, 2022

Meet the Book Blogger


Hey Bookdragons! It’s my 30th birthday! Since I was away from blogging for a while and I’ve interacted with a lot of new people since being back, I thought I’d do a “meet the book blogger” post so you could get to know me or get reacquainted with me! 


1. Where are you from? 

I’m currently living in Clintonville, Wisconsin, about 30 miles north and west of Appleton. 

2. When did you start your blog? 

I posted my first book review that started my blog in July 2016. 

3. Would you rather be an author or a publisher? 

Being an indie author, I’m a little bit of both. I definitely like the writing end of being an indie author over the promotion and business end of publishing. 

4. Do you prefer standalone’s or a series? 

Definitely standalone’s. When I was younger I could binge long series, now I just don’t have the attention span for them. 

5. What author is your biggest inspiration? 

Horror Genre - Dawn Kurtagich 

Fantasy Author - Danielle L. Jensen 

Indie Author - Stacey Rourke 

6. Cats or Dogs? 

Cats, definitely! 

7. Whats your favourite movie? 

Elvis & Anabelle 

8. If you got stuck on a island, which three books would you want to be stuck with? 

The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich, Maybe This Time by Jennifer Crusie, and a book on safe plants to eat on tropical islands 

9. Did you always plan your blog to be a book blog? 

No, originally it was going to solely be an author blog but I found I enjoyed talking about other people’s books more than blogging about writer’s block and publishing woes 😆 

10. Whats your dream job? 

I’d love to own a small bookstore. 

11. Which authors, dead or alive, would you like to meet? 

Edgar Allan Poe, Dawn Kurtagich, and all of my amazing writer friends! 

12. Favourite Adaption? 

The Great Gatsby (with Leonardo DiCaprio) 

13. Happy Place, Food, Song? 

Place - Charleston, South Carolina 

Food - Reuben Egg Rolls 

Song - Do Not Disturb by Halestorm 

14. Perfect Night In? 

A stack of horror movies, a glass of Numbskül and lemonade, and maybe Chinese takeout. 

15. Something no one knows about you? 

I really love smutty books 😆 

16. Something you hate? 

Winter 

17. Something you love? 

Halloween, fall, horror movies, traveling 

18. My self care routine: 

Days off binging horror movies and favorite tv shows. Listening to loud rock or metal music when I’m feeling upset. 

19. Go to genre? 

Thrillers 

20. Best book from this year? 

I’ll do a best book from what I read in July - Surviving Savannah by Patti Callahan 

LAST ONE 

21. Dog ear or bookmark? 

Bookmarks, receipts, anything flat I can shove in the book 😆

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR