Friday, April 10, 2015

Disconnnected Memories

From my author website: www.taylorfenner.com:

     Here we are at the end of another week. I nearly forgot today was Friday because it definitely didn’t feel like a Friday; then again it’s been a long week. I hope everyone had a nice Easter. Mine was alright, the best part of course being my chocolate coffee cheesecake.

I realized the other day that last Saturday, April 4th, would have been my great uncle’s 92nd birthday. I grew up living with my grandmother and my great-uncle Robert Fenner (my grandmother’s brother), so he was a big part of my childhood. Some of my fondest memories of him were him sitting in a chair reading a book, usually something historical. He taught me all sorts of things, about the Civil War and the trail of tears and the railroad; all things he loved to read about.

In 2005 he was diagnosed with colon cancer and he eventually passed away in June of 2006. He was alright for a while, but towards the end the cancer had spread. Even though he’s gone I still have the memories of good times.

My week, since Easter has unfortunately been pretty unproductive. The Wi-Fi I was using went out before Easter so I couldn’t do any research for my current work-in-progress. We finally got the issue resolved yesterday, when we had Wi-Fi put in here in our apartment and now I’m back up and running. I did manage to order some posters for my book signing earlier in the week from my grandmother’s computer so I should get them sometime next week. I’ll also be receiving a second shipment of The Haunting Love (http://amzn.com/B00SW1B940) on Monday so I have that to look forward to.

Next week will mostly involve me getting caught back up on everything I couldn’t get to this week. My book signing is only a month away now so I hope to see you soon!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and that you have some nice weather to get out any do something fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR