Wednesday, November 15, 2017

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #99

This week I've got 99 Problems but reading isn't one of them. At least not entirely. I have two ARCs sitting on my Kindle ready to be read but I can't enjoy them without burning out my eyes until I get my new glasses, so instead I'm reading...

The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
Blurb:
Mackie Doyle is not one of us. Though he lives in the small town of Gentry, he comes from a world of tunnels and black murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattooed princess. He is a Replacement, left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood, and consecrated ground, Mackie is fighting to survive in the human world.

Mackie would give anything to live among us, to practice on his bass or spend time with his crush, Tate. But when Tate's baby sister goes missing, Mackie is drawn irrevocably into the underworld of Gentry, known as Mayhem. He must face the dark creatures of the Slag Heaps and find his rightful place, in our world, or theirs.

Why I Chose This Book | What I Think So Far:
Last week I read the last of my library books including the amazing Fiendish by Brenna Yovanoff, so when I hit up the sale at Half Price Books after my eye appointment last Thursday I went in search of Brenna's other books and came up with The Replacement. I'm just starting this book today but I'm hoping it has the same Southern Gothic, creepy feel as Fiendish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR