Sunday, April 14, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 15 April 2019



#IMWAYR is a weekly meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at The Book Date.


What I Read Last Week:
 
I loved this book so much! I like the unique way it was written, like reading an ongoing magazine interview or a transcription of Behind the Music. It's Almost Famous with a hint of Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash's undeniable attraction to each other. It's the 70s drug scene brought vividly and disturbingly to life on the page. It's every rock star romance I've ever read on a whole other level. 

This author is hit or miss for me. I love the covers of her books but it usually takes me a while to warm to her characters and this is just that type of book. I'll come back to it a little later but for now I need books that hold all of my attention.

What I Am Reading Now:

I don't really read a lot of contemporary books these days but my friends recommended this one highly and I needed a break from all the fantasy and sci-fi I've been reading lately. So far it is cute, quirky, and laugh-out-loud funny. The crap that the twins come out with sounds just like something my boyfriend would say, and ironically he's from Tennessee as well. 

Up Next:
While I'm not absolutely sure this is my *next* read, it is the next book on my ARC TBR list and I am really interested in reading this one.

3 comments:

  1. Air Awakens and Daisy Jones and the Six are two books I'm dying to read!! Especially Daisy, both my instagram and twitter is full of mentions of this book....I get it world, I have to get to it! But I kind of want to read the Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a flattering mini review of Daisy & the Six, it’s already on my wishlist but I might bump it higher up the list.Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rayne and Deliah's Midnight Matinee looks good. My weekly updates

    ReplyDelete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR