Saturday, July 23, 2022

The Sunday Post - 24 July 2022


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme

Hey Bookdragons! How was your week? Did everyone survive the heat? Monday and Tuesday were truly miserable and I've never been so excited to get to work as I was on Monday night just for the air conditioning. Speaking of work, as of July 31st I will finally be going full time as a police dispatcher! I have inherited the swing shift, which isn't great for my sleep schedule but I'm excited to finally get all the benefits of full time employment. 



🍀 It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 25 July, 2022
🍀 Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books From My Past Seasonal TBR Posts I STILL Haven't Read
🍀 I Can't Wait For... DAISY DARKER!
🍀 Book Blogger Hop - 29 July, 2022





Learn More:
The Luminaries by Susan Dennard
The Kiss Curse by Erin Sterling
Secrets So Deep by Ginny Myers Sain 


💀 This Week I Bookmarked: 

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on becoming a full-time dispatcher! Stay Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those books look great! Congratulations on becoming a full time police dispatcher! The weather has been awful. I like a nice overcast day myself so whilst it has cooled down, it is still a bit too warm for my liking!

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/07/24/sunday-post-41/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can’t wait to read them! I’m trying to make myself wait to read The Kiss Curse until the end of August but it’s so tempting right now. Thank you! I’m excited to finally be promoted! I’m definitely looking forward to fall getting here.

      Delete
  3. It is STILL hot here in Arkansas (glances at the atomic clock and sees a big fat 100F on the display) with no end in sight.

    Dispatchin the police sounds like it would be very interesting, if not totally fun? Especially the calls that would come in during the wee small hours of the night, if that's what a swing shift means.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get some relief from the heat! It was still really hot here until last night when a storm passed through and the temps dropped to the lower 70s this morning.

      I live and dispatch in a very small town so most of the time things don’t get too intense. Night shifts are my favorite because I basically can read for about 6 hours and no one bothers me. Swing shifts here mean that I work 3 afternoon shifts then 3 night shifts in a row.

      Delete
  4. That sounds exciting but frightening. Is swing shift like 3-11? That's not too bad, better than graveyard and perfect if you're not a morning person. I hope this week is better!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a really small town so luckily it’s not too scary. Swing shift for me is 3 2pm-10pm shifts in a row and then 3 10pm-6am shifts in a row then 3 days off. I actually love the 10-6 shifts the most. It means I rarely have to interact with people 😆

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your new full time position! Your book mail looks awesome, The Luminaries especially. Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I’m excited to read all of them. I hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the full time shift. Hoping this week brings cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Luckily it has been cooler but next week is going to be miserable again 🥵

      Delete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR